Monday, March 21, 2011

It has been quite a few months since I last posted. Alot has been going on, especially this month; I went to visit my Abuela in New York towards the end of February. She has dealt with lymphoma for greater than a year. My Abuelita was taking chemotherapy for over a year. She finally decided it was way too much for her and she could no longer handle it at 89 years old. Early in January, she kept saying that she did not think she would be alive to see her eighth great-grandchild be born. My cousin's wife is due at the end of March, so I decided it was time to go visit her before she passes. Luckily, Michael was off for a week, so we drove up to New York to visit her.
It was a wonderful visit. I was glad to see her and hug her as she means the world to me. Shortly after we left New York, my sister called me saying she was not doing well. We knew then it was time for her to go, and a few days later she passed away.
Elena and I flew to New York for the burial. It was not as tough as I thought it would be, but I knew she was no longer in pain and is now with my Mom!! We have two wonderful angels now watching over us. I miss my Mom and Abuela deeply, but I know I will see them again. This is a picture of her and Elena when we went up in September 2010.

No comments: